About Vinay Siddaiah, Founder – B.E (E&C), MSc (Yoga), RYT-500
Yogavijnana is a brainchild of Vinay Siddaiah, an Ex-Principal Engineer with around 12+ years of experience in many leading MNC’s such as Western Digital, Intel, Cisco, and Wipro. His transformational journey towards Yoga started in 2007 when he began to suffer acute back pain due to long hours of sitting in front of the computer. Being also an avid mountaineer, he wished to scale higher on the Himalayan mountain range but could not do so due to the pain. It was then that a fellow mountaineer suggested Yoga as a remedy to strengthen his back. He immediately enrolled in Yoga classes under his first guru Mr. Sanjay Gurvekar and could see a considerable difference within a month. Initially, he continued to practice Yoga out of fear that his back pain would recur if stopped, but what followed then was an equally beautiful and interesting journey of his love for the practice. Soon, it becomes an integral part of his lifestyle. He managed to even complete the Advance Mountaineering course without any problem.
As years went by his quest to understand the science behind yoga begin to grow, which lead him to join Iyengar Yoga which is known for precision, alignment, and awareness. With the guidance of Mr. Ragavendra Shenoy, Dr. S.N. Omkar, and Mr. Karthik Chaitanya all of whom were incidentally students of Padmavibushan B.K.S Iyengar he was able to be greatly get benefitted. He is also trained under Dr. Gladson Johnson, a renowned sports Physiotherapist [www.attitudeprime.com] with respect to Human Anatomy, Physiology, and Biomechanics, while Research scholar Dr. Swaroop R has been a big support in his understanding of the philosophy behind Yoga. He is an RYT-500 (Yoga alliance) level Teacher and also holds a Master’s degree in Yoga with a focus on Yoga therapy from the SVYASA University, Bangalore. Apart from this, he has completed a teacher’s training course under Dr. S.N. Omkar.
As his knowledge of the subject grew, he took a rather difficult decision of letting go of his career as a hardware designer at Intel [With one patent and some publications to my name, his interest in technology was no lesser] in order to explore Yoga in greater depth. This journey took him to different parts of the country and he is especially grateful for the learning at Dharmashala in an ashram under Mr. Sharat Arora, another Iyengar Yoga teacher.
Having learned that Yoga is much more than just an asana, he took up Vipassana as a meditation technique to connect to my inner self and somewhere along the way, realized that Yoga can be practiced at all times, at all places, and in whatever you do.
After around 1.5 years of quitting the IT industry, he returned to the technology field for another 5 years, with a better perspective and stronger resolve to finance his own Yoga center. Yogavijnana is an expression of his passion for spreading Yoga. Finally, he quit his corporate career completely by March 2019 and dedicated his life to spread the wonderful science of Yoga and share the invaluable gift passed on to us through generations.
He is an internationally certified trainer who is trained by the world’s leading success trainers such as T. Harv Eker, Blair Singer, and Alex Mandossian.
He is also an ardent blogger, traveler, trekker, photographer, and runner.
Education and Certifications
- Master in Yoga from Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana (S-VYASA), Bangalore with a focus on Yoga Therapy
- Yoga teachers Training course from Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana (S-VYASA), Bangalore
- Certification on Applied Anatomy and Biomechanics from Attitude Prime, Bangalore
- Intensive Yoga training from Himayalan Iyengar Yoga Center, Dharmashala
- RYT 500 Level course from The Yoga Institute, Mumbai
- Teachers Training course from Yoga Mandir, Bangalore
- Teachers Training course on Yogic management of Back Pain from Yoga Mandir, Bangalore
- Teachers Training course on Yogic Management of Knee Pain from Yoga Mandir, Bangalore
- Have been a long term student of Iyengar Yoga
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Communication from Dr Ambedkar Institute of Technology.
- The content creator and Master trainer at Yogavijnana
- Have been teaching Yoga since 2010 and so far have taught Yoga to over 2000 people worldwide.
- Conducted Yoga workshop at Intel, HP Labs, Google, etc, and many apartments
- Conducting corporate yoga workshop for TCS employees for 6 months
- Content creator of General Yoga and Therapeutic Yoga Online courses for eAmbalam, the World’s first online school for Indian arts.
- Traveled to St. Petersburg, Russia for 1st International Yoga Day as a guest teacher from India to spread the science of Yoga.